Sunday, October 23, 2005

Oct 23 - Prvo 25-27

25.1 - What an odd statement - "it is the glory of God to conceal things." God gets more glory by not showing us everything in life that we WANT to know, and by only giving us the things that will lure us to trust him more in everything we do.
25.27 - It is not glorious to seek your own glory. How often I do that, say things that I have done or am doing just so I can get the praise from other people - most of the time it is people who don't even matter in the long run.
26.11-12 Already I have returned to my own folly, and I am not wise in my own eyes - but how much do I think I am.
26.17 - KEep me out of everyone else's affairs - I don't need to get in on them and I don't need to know everything that is going on everywhere.
27.6 - Deep accountability - that is what I long for and what I need. How I miss it here, thank you for giving me an sharpener, but I pray for a mentor.
27.9 - "Sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel" - thank you for few people in my life who will give me earnest counsel.

No comments: