Wednesday, May 09, 2007

bountiful breathing

The grace of God - ever present.
Ps 119.17, 20 - I had to do two tonight due to the cohesiveness of them. One dealt so beautifully with the other. You can't have one without the other. I think you get my point.
"Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your Word. My soul is consumed with longing for your rules at all times."

Grace is needed because the second verse does not sound like me all the time. Ezra may have written then - but he was in no way a servant - but here he knows his place, the lowest of the low - humility. One has to be humble to have this longing for the word. Live is to be revived - we are dead without the life that Jesus offers us and God tells us about that life in His Word. That keep is the same one in the first section - an active participation.
My very breath - what makes me tick - is broken, crushed (again humility by author) with a "to breathe after" your judgments at every opportunity.

Ok - so here is my version - the KDV
King of Kings - give me grace - I am nothing in your sight, but please revive me that I may live to keep every Word that comes out of your mouth. I will breathe for those Words - I am broken without them, but I want to breathe after your very judgments that you pronounce over me at every opportunity I have - every minute of my day.

See - I still am not like that - grace it will have to be. I can't work this in myself.

No comments: