Saturday, May 26, 2007

hope not in the disappointment

I again needed the psalm I read today. After watching movies all day (some were an assignment for my pathways class for Sunday), some were just for fun...this is the exact psalm I needed - also to guide my journaling tonight and my prayers for the coming days.
"God is bigger than the air I breathe, the world we'll leave, God will save the day, and all will say, my Glorious" - Chris Tomlin - That's the song that is playing on my iTunes player right now. Fitting...
Ps 119.128
"Therefore, I consider all your precepts to be right; I hate every false way."
First, what is the "there...for" - God is going to act b/c his laws and ways have been broken - sin has occurred, I love the law above everything that money can buy on this earth.

In light of all that - I meditate with regard to acting upon your word because they will not lead me wrong. When rightly interpreted (only by the Spirit) will they lead us in the right direction, down a path for our enjoyment and sanctification. I hate every way that will lead to my disappointment or a road that will not lead to my sanctification - a hopeless jaunt down a false road will only end in my disappointment. This world deceives.

Hope: to cherish a desire with anticipation
: to desire with expectation of obtainment
: to expect with confidence (all thanks for M-W)

If we think about all the things we put our hope in, especially as women (our relationships, jobs, ministries, looks, status) - doesn't it sound silly that we put our hope in these things: when the only thing that won't let us down - that won't disappoint us is God? hmmm.

No comments: