Monday, June 26, 2006

alone...

My girls have gotten me interested in reading Francine Rivers again, so I picked And the Shofar Blew for the second time. Good introductory chapter on the very thing we were talking about tonight in our study: prayer. Even though we pray everyday about something, remember when the answer comes to pray about it still - to not get ahead of God. It is never good to be ahead of God or off doing something where He isn't.
The title of the blog came today from Ps 62.5-8
"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah"
God Alone: hope, rock, salvation, fortress, stay, (not relationships, strivings - see yesterday, ministry, or popularity). I started singing the You Are God Alone song by PC&D.
63.1 - Earnestly's definition = characterized by or proceeding from an intense or serious state of mind, to look for diligently. That is what I want my QT and relationship with God to look like. When reading SCripture, I get so side-tracked. We talked about that tonight with the girls about prayer.
63.5 - This psalm was written while David was in the wilderness. He was probably longing to sit at the King's table and eat all of the richness of foods that were allotted to him. But, instead, he was satisfied with God's presence. Do I rely on human things more than I rely on the very presence of God.
65.9 - Shortly after I read this at lunch - it started pouring in Durham. And this verse was brought to remembrance...you cover the earth with the rain - oh God rain in abundance. Would you just rain every day then!
67.1 - I sent this as encouragment to ministry leaders I know. May we never wish the growth of our ministries for our names' sake - but would the renown of His glory be known everywhere - and may be have the grace to be a part of it.
68.19 - Whatever daily burden we have - he has born it all. I was just reminded of a hymn we sing:
I gave My life for thee, My precious blood I shed,That thou might ransomed be, and raised up from the deadI gave, I gave My life for thee, what hast thou given for Me?I gave, I gave My life for thee, what hast thou given for Me?
My Father’s house of light, My glory circled throneI left for earthly night, for wanderings sad and lone;I left, I left it all for thee, hast thou left aught for Me?I left, I left it all for thee, hast thou left aught for Me?
I suffered much for thee, more than thy tongue can tell,Of bitterest agony, to rescue thee from hell.I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee, what hast thou borne for Me?I’ve borne, I’ve borne it all for thee, what hast thou borne for Me?
And I have brought to thee, down from My home above,Salvation full and free, My pardon and My love;I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, what hast thou brought to Me?I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, what hast thou brought to Me?

No comments: