Thursday, June 29, 2006

"this is the song that never ends..."

Today a prayer was definitely answered - no arguing. It was good to have that kind of the peace of God going into to what had seemingly been a very stressful encounter. But, thanks be to God. Also, today was the first day of purposeful exercise - which was good too - even having to jog a little ways (2x) to "outrun" a bee - or whatever he was. Shellie and I could not shake that thing...darn bug...
See look at this...just what He said He would do...
Ps 91.3-4
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions,and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

Ps 93 - this was the passage that I fell in love with while I was in SE Asia this past summer. how befitting to read these words while standing on the very sand that was covered with killer water just months before, when standing in the ocean that had once covered the city and destroyed what lived there. It showed to me the sovereign control of our God.

Ps 93.5 (in another way)
"holiness befits your house"
How often do I go into the presence of the King (worship) with a flighty or relaxed attitude, or what I'm going to wear attitude, or oh, I've gotta see that person...rather than preparing to fellowship with my Savior? Washed in the grace that it takes for me to stand in His presence.


Ps 94.19 (another answer in light of today)
When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.

Repitions...
I think the 95-100 psalm is the place in Scripture that is the most repitious (if you don't count all the begots). Praise! Sing! Play! Love! Come! For the Lord is God! He Reigns! Clap! Dance! Joy!

Now on to another chapter in The Horse and His Boy...

No comments: