Thursday, June 22, 2006

Disappointment with God?

Ever had one of those days...I woke up.
No, it really wasn't a bad day - just a contemplative one. Woke up later than 6 this morning and that will always make for a more rough day. I didn't get in everything this morning that had to be done.
Since I'm keeping with the "ever had" motif - ever had a time when you just smirk at Scripture. I had one of those nights last night and again this morning - a time when I doubt (not the truth of God's Word because I know and fully believe that is TRUTH) but doubt that it applies to me in the way that the word means it to apply to me. Disappointment with God is a very hard thing to deal with - because it is a constant fight between flesh and spirit. That is a mighty war.
But, in my reading today...(Ps 21-30, Prov 22)
Ps 21.2-3 is one of those verses I snicker at - wondering (especially with some of the questions I have right now) how in the world this can apply to me.
"You have given him his heart's desire, and you have not withheld the request of his lips. For you meet him with the blessings of good things, you set a crown of fine gold on his head."
Ps 22.2-3 are more up my alley right now.
"O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer; and by night but I have no rest. Yet you are holy." - This is what I always come back to. Nothing makes since, I don't have some things that I wish I had - but He is Holy! Sovereign! King! Creator! Healer! Enough! Sufficient!
Ps 23.1 - I wish was true in how i look at things in my life - all the time, not just when I have things i want and everything is going well.
"The LORD (the Holy One of Israel, the Creator of the universe) is MY Shepherd (He takes time to lead me), I SHALL NOT WANT. That is strong language. It isn't suggestive - "you know Kim, you may not ever want anything again, or you know you don't for anything do ya?" - Its not a question - it is a declarative statement.
Ps 27.4 - One of those verses i love to sing and say, but see it so difficult to live out in my daily life.
"One thing that I asked of the Lord, and this will I seek, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, that I may gaze upon the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple." (that is a mix of versions).

No comments: