Monday, September 05, 2005

Missionary thoughts on Zech 13

This was brought to mind as I was reading in a book by Noel Piper today: This is a story of Helen Roseveare. This is what she had to say about her own conversion. I'll link it to Zech 13.1
"For years the Holy Spirit had been opening my eyes to a sense of sin, convicting me of my unworthiness before a Holy God. But now came the wonderful gift of repentance. God poured out His grace in forgiveness, in cleansing from all the uncleanness of sin, and in revealing, at this time, the amazing wonder of the friendship of Christ."

13.1 - On that day there shall be a fountain opened (Christ) for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and uncleanness."

The Holy Spirit will bring to remembrance His Word when it is in you (John 14-16)

No comments: