Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sept 21, Jer 13-16

13.10 - Pride, evil, idolatry, makes us good for nothing. God - take the things that I hold dear and take them away - I don't want to be good for nothing. I want to be good for your kingdom and for your glory - because that is why I was created - that is the only reason I am here.
13.11 - You have made us to be a: people, a name, a praise, and a glory! What a great promise - this is what I was created to be and not to be like the Israelites: those who would not listen.
15.16 - I already have this verse underlined, and I still wonder why it is hardly true in my life. Lord, grant me this desire: "Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart."
16.19-21 - What great verse to remember in the days when everyone is seeking after their own gods. "Therefore, behold, I will make them know, this once I will make them know my power and my might, and they shall know that my name it the LORD."

No comments: