Monday, September 19, 2005

Sept 18, Jer 5-8

5.2 - Boy, this sounds a lot like America today. In God we Trust and we trust more in the coins that the phrase is written on and we blame everything bad on God and take credit for everything good. Something is desparately wrong with this picture.
5.10 - Lord, strip away everything in my life that is not of you. That is trying to impress people I don't need to impress, I don't need to be married, so thank you for stripping me of that. Make me content - and keep me there.
6.10 - Let me not be like these people, let me be joyous in the Word, as it serves as a guide for me and a keeper from evil. Do not turn away from me, Jesus.
6.29b - Let me hear your refining purposes in my life. If you are going to refine me, which I hope you will, then I want to be ready to gain from it and not turn from it.

No comments: