Friday, March 10, 2006

Lam 3 and Romans

This was definitely a morning for Lam 3. Thank you for your mercies, faithfulness, and kindness. NOw, I've got a slight headache (see what happens when I get too much sleep). Anyway...I'm glad it is Friday and the hope of seeing friends and good weather and getting my house slightly more organized will help that day come and go and get to the weekend!
For the Summit guide today: the women's conference. Christina is speaking this weekend on grace, identity, and biblical womanhood. Lord, I pray that you would give clarity and understanding. Bring the truth forward this weekend and have the call to greater obedience be answered by the ladies who attend. Pray that you would cause marriages, churches, families, and individuals to look more like the gospel after being in your Word this weekend.
Rom 4-8
4.21 - This was Abraham "talking" - he believed God. I know and believe you can do what you have said you are going to do. Let me rest in that.
5.2 - We rejoice in hope of the glory of God. What a great verse for Christina this weekend and for me. Let me be every joyful because i know you are constantly bringing glory to yourself and the fact that you will bring ultimate glory to yourself one day (Phil 2.11)
5.... - Weak, ungodly, sinners, enemies...justified, saved, reconciled, recipients
7.6 - Having died to that which has held us captive. Oh, what a gracious thought.
8.15 - Not a spirit of fear, but one of adoption - Daddy!
8.18 - The weight of glory...CS Lewis

No comments: