Thursday, February 23, 2006

Answer to prayer, Harvard, and tracking through the wilderness.

Well, I did get what I wanted - a day off! I went in to my old job this morning and told her that I had gotten a new one. She was fine with it for about 20 minutes, than she told me to go home. So I got to go to Bridalmart and try on a dress, talk to friends, eat lunch with one of my college girls, go shopping for necessary stuff, talk to other people...I've gotten a lot accomplished!
This is something on Justin Taylors' blog...(http://theologica.blogspot.com)
Students are getting half an education at inflated prices and learning only how to label, dismiss and demonize ideas that differ from what they have been led to believe."
This was a quote by Thomas Sowell on the resignation of Harvard's president. Kinda goes back to the question I posed on here the other day...do we sometimes want to get out of thinking for ourselves and by that go to a school where we know we won't be challenged. Just a thought for all of you in higher education out there.
Now, I guess we'll move on to Exodus today:

11-13
11.9 - God hardens Pharaoh's heart so that His wonders may be multiplied in the land. The Passover has to happen!
13.17 - The wilderness wasn't even the most direct route that God could have taken them on. They had to go that way so they wouldn't turn back. If God would ever take me on a direct route - would I find it so easy that I would turn back. But, faith, manna, trust, and companionship with a Most Holy God and His Spirit allow me to press on when the going gets tough.
13.22 - The presence of the Lord did not depart from in front of them. He never leaves (Hebrews).

No comments: