Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Go and Sin no More

Oh the creeping on of sin. This is from a broadcast on Revive Our Hearts (Nancy Leigh Demoss) with a person who was considering committing adultery. This of course goes for every sin. When I am tempted to eat too much, spend too much, sleep too much (see a pattern), it is usually because I haven't spent time in personal worship, reading the Word, and praying the Word back to its Writer. Read this and pay attention:

but really it was preceded by all the time I hadn’t spent in the Word and keeping my heart tender and broken before the Lord. I think that’s absolutely the most critical thing in protecting our marriage, is maintaining our individual time with the Lord, and I had chosen not to do that."

As Jesus said, go and sin no more!

No comments: