Friday, February 24, 2006

Sad day, EM, grumbling Israelites...

What a sad day in the life of one BBC interviewee...this from Justin Taylor's blog today:

This has to be one of the saddest stories I've read in a while. The BBC reports that a woman in Scotland sought to abort her twins. Unbeknownst to the mother or to the doctors, one of the babies survied the attempted murder. So now the mother is suing the hospital for compensation, seeking damages for the "financial burden" or raising the child."I have got a child now that I wasn't planning to have and I believe the hospital should take some responsibility for that," she said."They should have known, or at least warned me, that I might still be pregnant when I left. It has totally changed my life and my parents' lives.(My emphasis.)
"I still don't know if, or what, I am going to tell Jayde when the time comes. Maybe when she is nine or 10 I will sit her down and explain it to her."Try to imagine that conversation. Then weep at the depravity. Then realize that we would act in such a murderous, self-centered way but for the grace of God. May we cling to the cross, and cry out to God for both mercy and justice. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Last night as you can see I read an article by an Emerging Church guy and commented on it. Someone said to me that the church had to change or die. The church has survived for 2000 years and isn't dead yet. I am not saying we don't need to change in how we do ministry within the church, we just can't change the TRUTH which we proclaim. It has to remain!

Exodus 14-15

14.4, 18 - And I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host...Rom 3.5-8 (including the discussion from Bible study last night that if God gets glory even when we sin, than why not keep sinning...)

14.10 - Here God had called them out and freed them and led them - then one minor set back happens and they begin to fear man again (as we will see this happens quite often during their wanderings).

14.14 - The Lord will work for you today and fight for you - all you have to do is be silent. What a command of confidence in the call and person of God.

14.31 - They feared and believed...but that would be short lived. Do we always need a miracle like the parting of the red sea in order to fear and believe. We should live every day in fear and belief - or are we like the faithless generation who always looks for a sign.

Here are things Moses says about God in his song:

Triumped gloriously, my strength, song, salvation, my God and my father's God, man of war, LORD, glorious in power, greatness of your majesty, powerful breath, none like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in deeds and wonders, steadfast love, redeemer, reigns forever.

15.24 - My point - they just crossed the Red Sea, now they are grumbling because they don't have water - don't you know just cry out to God - He is your provider, He is the Living Water!

No comments: