Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Body, 1000 Tongues, & the SNOGS!

As always - the worship today (both Word and song) were great at the Summit. One of the best sermons I've heard in a while on the Body and Communion. Good job JD! Find the link to the sermon over to the right where it says The Summit Church. As always, Chris was good (and Jason!)
One of the lines in O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing "My gracious Master and My King assist me to proclaim" reminds me everytime that even my worship is not doable on my own. I wouldn't even be able to worship if it wasn't for the amazing grace of God in my life. I'm glad he lets me! :)
Now onto Song of Solomon, or as Rachael says it "Canticles" or as Matt Redman put it one time in an interview "Snog of Snogs" - and it wasn't a typo.

Canticles:

1.4 - This is what God has already done through Christ: drawn me unto Himself, takes us on a journey, and let us come into His presence - His chambers - into the intimate place!
1.12 - Nard - just like the expensive ointment that was poured over Jesus' feet in the gospels.
2.4 - He brought me to the banqueting house "table" as the song goes - and His banner over me is love. The banner over the cross was glory - displaying itself in love.

No comments: